Caravans, mobile homes and tiny houses can be used to accommodate seasonal workers if rules under the district plan are met.  There are different rules for self-contained vs not self-contained which are noted in the document linked below and on the council website under the FAQ section here or under the rural section of the district plan here

Click the link below to see the information compiled by NZKGI.

Caravan Mobile Home Tiny House Fact Sheet